Saturday, July 16, 2011

Auntie Ruby's Banana Nut Bread

I have made this recipe many times and it never came out as nice as Aunt Ruby's and Aunt Shirley's so 
I thought they were holding out on me some secret ingredient lol...but then I found out what it was, this recipe  as most like this has to be mixed by Hand! so if you see little lumps of butter or flour not to worry..it all comes together very nice when it's baked..this is a Great recipe! I know you will all love it...

2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking SODA
1/2 cup butter (1 stick- softened)
1 cup sugar
2 eggs

3  ripe bananas mashed (pala is even better)
1/2 cup walnuts chopped (optional)

in a bowl beat (by hand) the butter & sugar until blended, beat in eggs, add  flour & baking soda, mix until blended
mix in mashed bananas & nuts.

in greased 9 inch square pan (or whatever pan you have not too small or the middle won't bake)
pour in batter.

bake at 350f (175c) for 45 to 60 minutes. Check center to make sure it if fully cooked.


* I always try to use real butter for my baking, margarine has more water in it and can change the texture
of a recipe.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Mona what a great ideal i would like to do this for my boys too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Charm I've been trying to make a recipe book for my kids for so long and this is perfect just come and input when ever I can and they can all view it from anywhere...let me know if you do start one I really like your healthy recipes..have a great one!

    ReplyDelete

 Chocolate Cream Pie 1 pre cooked and cooled pie crust ( search pie crust recipe on this site) 2-1/2 cups milk (plus another 1/2 cup for ble...