Sunday, February 8, 2015

red chili sauce

This is my sauce I can make in 10 minutes and use it for various recipes. Enchilada's, or on my Tamale and sometimes I add sugar and make a sweet chili sauce to eat with my Tortilla Chips and cream cheese..It's perfect for when I have no canned sauce in the pantry.
ingredients:
1 teaspoon butter
3 gloves of garlic (chopped fine)
1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/2 cup ketchup
1 cup chicken stock (or water if no CS
1 tablespoon cornstarch (mixed in one cup water)

Optional,
1 teaspoon sugar (add more if you like it sweeter)

Directions:
In a large pan, brown garlic in butter add chili flakes and paprika cook for 2 minutes stir in ketchup & sugar, add chicken stock and simmer 10 minutes. Add cornstarch mix bring to a boil and remove from heat.

Use in any of your favorite recipes.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 Chocolate Cream Pie 1 pre cooked and cooled pie crust ( search pie crust recipe on this site) 2-1/2 cups milk (plus another 1/2 cup for ble...