Sunday, December 30, 2012

Fried Chicken



I love fried chicken! I was 12 yrs old when I made my first fried chicken dinner with potato salad & corn..and it was a mess the chicken was raw in the middle and the potato's were not cooked all the way..that's what happens sometimes in cooking ,you just have to try and try again until you get it right,
Fried chicken is one of those recipes that anyone can make their own version meaning put what ever seasoning  you have on hand or your own preference...this is my version

6 to 8 chicken pieces completely thawed.
1 1/2 cup flour 
Seasoning for your flour, 1 tsp. garlic salt, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, 1/2 tsp. Paprika ( or cayenne pepper if you want spicy)
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
about 4 cups of oil depending on the size of your pan.

I like to set up a flat plate or pan for my flour mixture and a flat dish with sides for my egg mixture

1 1/2 cup flour, seasoned flour

beat 2 eggs & milk with salt & pepper together in a flat dish/pan with sides.

take your largest frying pan (or wok or a pot if no large frying pan or wok available)fill halfway with the oil
heat on medium high for about 8 to 10 minutes (keep an eye on the oil stoves vary, sprinkle a little flour in it, if it sizzles really fast it should be ready.

dip pieces of chicken one at a time into egg mixture, shake off excess and roll into flour mixture until well coated. Drop one at a time into hot oil don't over crowd the frying pan lay chicken next to each other not touching (usually I can fit 4 to 5 pieces in one batch so I do 2 batches) turn down to medium heat. fry about
10 to 15 minutes on each side (if pieces are different sizes the smaller pieces will be cooked faster) you can cut a piece of chicken in the middle to make sure it is done.

* I love fried chicken with either creamy mashed potato's or potato salad...or any side dish or vegetables you like...possibilities are endless!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 Chocolate Cream Pie 1 pre cooked and cooled pie crust ( search pie crust recipe on this site) 2-1/2 cups milk (plus another 1/2 cup for ble...