Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Pound Cake …yum

This is my favorite pound cake recipe I've used for ages from an old Betty Crocker cook book my mother had for years. I love it topped with Strawberries and whip cream...hope you enjoy it as much as I do.






Preheat oven to 350f/175c

Ingredients:
Whisk together in a bowl (set aside)
3 cups flour
1 tsp. Baking powder

Beat together:
1 cup butter softened  ( 1/2 lb., 2 sticks)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2-1/2 cup sugar
5 large eggs

1 cup evaporated milk or just plain whole milk

Mix together into the butter mixture alternately 1/3 of the flour mixture and 1/3 of the milk until all is
Incorporated together beat on medium speed for 4 minutes.

Butter and flour a tube pan or 2 loaf pans por mixture into pans of your choice, bake for 40 to 50 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 Chocolate Cream Pie 1 pre cooked and cooled pie crust ( search pie crust recipe on this site) 2-1/2 cups milk (plus another 1/2 cup for ble...